Sepsis is the body’s extreme response to an infection. It is a life-threatening medical emergency. Almost any type of infection can lead to sepsis. Infections that lead to sepsis most often start in the lung, urinary tract, skin, or gastrointestinal tract.
Sepsis Awareness Training Course Outline
What is Sepsis training?
The aim of the Sepsis course is to help you understand what causes sepsis and how to spot it.
The key points covered in this course are:
- What is Sepsis
- What causes Sepsis
- Signs of Sepsis
- NEWS scores and NEWS2 chart
- The process after identification
Sepsis Awareness Training Course Learning Outcomes
- Understand how Sepsis is identified
- Understand the NEWS scores and NEWS2 chart
- Understand the Sepsis indicators and markers
- Understand the actions to take following identification