Don’t fall victim to a medication error. In the UK alone, there are, on average, 237 million medication errors every year. These errors could be fatal to your patients. This is why it is so important that your staff know everything there is to know about supplying medicine correctly, in order to keep your patients healthy and, frankly, alive.
Medication Advanced Training Course Outline
The aim of this course is to greater increase your knowledge of medication administering and its risks, as well as the relevant laws and legislation.
The key points covered in this course are:
- Role and responsibility
- Errors and risks
- Side effects and resolution
Medication Advanced Training Course Learning Outcomes
- Understand roles and responsibilities when giving medication
- Describe how medicines are administered
- Understand the need for recording the giving of medication
- Describe how medication should be disposed of
- Understand what causes medication errors and how to reduce the risk
- Describe possible side effects of medication and what to do