LEARNING DISABILITIES AWARENESS
In order for those you care for to get the most from their care, it is paramount that your staff are aware of learning disabilities. These disabilities can severely impact a patient’s behaviour and understanding how is vital to the safety of your staff and the patient themselves.
Learning Disabilities Awareness Training Course Outline
The aim of this course is to greater increase your knowledge of learning disabilities and causes as well as the relevant legislation.
The key points covered in this course are:
- Defining learning disabilities
- Causes of learning disabilities
- Challenging behaviours
Learning Disabilities Awareness Training Course Learning Outcomes
- Describe what a learning disability is
- Understand what causes a learning disability
- Describe the process of learning disabilities and other conditions
- Understand challenging behaviours