INFORMATION GOVERNANCE AWARENESS
Within a healthcare setting, it is vital for the confidentially and privacy of a patient that staff understand how to keep private and sensitive information secure. A breach of sensitive information could lead to bad publicity as well as legal proceedings against the organisation.
Information Governance Awareness Training Course Outline
The aim of this course is to greater increase your knowledge of data, how to protect it, as well as the relevant laws and legislation.
The key points covered in this course are:
- Defining Information Governance
- Personal data laws and legislation
- Protected information
- Keeping data confidential
- Data Protection Act
Information Governance Awareness Training Course Learning Outcomes
- Understand the definition of Information Governance
- To know what laws and legislation are out there to protect personal data
- To know what types of information there are and how information needs to be protected
- To know what has to be done to keep data confidential
- Understand the Data Protection Act