Disabled people are more than twice as likely to be unemployed as non-disabled people. Ensure your workplace isn’t discriminating against people with disabilities.
All workplaces should have an equal opportunities policy meaning people with disabilities are given the same chances as anyone else. It is vital you know about how to be inclusive when it comes to disabilities within your workplace in order to be compliant with equality and diversity legislation.
Disability Awareness Training Course Outline
The aim of this course is to greater increase your knowledge of disability and inclusion, as well as relevant legislation.
The key points covered in this course are:
- Care values
- Equality and diversity
- Upholding equality and diversity
- Assessment process
- Disability legislation
Disability Awareness Training Course Learning Outcomes
- Be able to put into practice care values
- Gain an understanding of equality and diversity
- Gain insight in upholding equality and diversity
- Gain an understanding of the single assessment process in person centred care
- Know the legislations governing disability