It’s estimated that hazardous substances account for around 650,000 deaths every year worldwide. COSHH training will help keep your staff safe from substances that could be potentially harmful to their health and, in turn, your business. With a COSHH certificate, you will be trained to carry out a COSHH risk assessment, according to the COSHH regulations 2002, with an awareness of the necessary safety procedures and effects of hazardous substances.
If you manage or oversee workers who could come into contact with hazardous substances or if you’re required to work with any hazardous substances as part of your day-to-day job, then you need COSHH training. COSHH applies to all industries using harmful substances, including catering, baking, beauty and hairdressing, cleaning, agriculture, engineering, motor vehicle repair and so on.
COSHH Awareness Training Course Outline
The aim of the COSHH Awareness training course is to greater increase your knowledge of hazardous substances, COSHH assessments and the relevant COSHH legislation.
The key points covered in this course are:
- COSHH regulations 2002
- COSHH risk assessment
- COSHH symbols
- Safety procedures
- Defining hazardous substances
- Regulatory compliance
- Types of hazardous substances
- Effects on health
- European CLP regulations
COSHH Awareness Training Course Learning Outcomes. On completion of this COSHH Awareness training course, either by e-learning, webinars or blended-learning, learners should know and understand the following:
- Be aware of the COSHH regulations 2002 and European CLP regulations for compliance purposes
- Understand how to carry out a COSHH risk assessment and know the appropriate COSHH safety procedures
- Define hazardous substances and understand the types of these hazardous substances
- Understand the dangerous effects that these hazardous substances can have on someone’s health
- Learn the different COSHH symbols